Sunday, November 3, 2013

ETL Testing Interview Experience

ETL Testing Interview Experience
Hi Buddies/Testers,
 I would like to share my first interview(F2F) experience with you all in a one of the well reputed organization on 5/06/2012.
 Duration: around 30mins.
 Panel: 1
 Questions:
 Brief about your project experience?
  1. Your total experience and relevant experience on ETL exactly?
  2. Your responsibilities in current project?
  3. Challenges you faced in current project? And how can you say it is challenge?
  4. Tell me some Data Quality tests which you have done?
  5. Tell me your entire project Data flow up to reporting?
  6. Difference between System testing and Integration testing?
  7. Difference between Re testing and Regression testing?
  8. Tell me entire Bug life cycle?
  9. Difference between Fact table and Dimension table?

11.SQL: she has drawn some emp table like empno, ename, manager.
               Some managers have 1 employee,some have 2 employee, some manager
               have 3 employee and some managers have four.
             
               Now write a query to delete duplicate records if manager have more than
               two employees.
Actually I don’t know dis exactly but I wants to present something since something is better than nothing J so I presented some query don’t know exactly is it write or wrong. She told as yeah its fine.

Finally  she asked : How come soon you can join since its immediate req.

Me: 1month

She: OK our HR will get back you.

Me: Then shall I leave for now.

She: Yeah you can

Me came out and when on the way I got a call as u cleared tech round, so HR round remains  just for formalities so come with some docs tomorrow as per yr comfortable time since yr are working.

They offered best salary for me(As per my expectation).

Finally I thought many times regarding that offer and next day I made a call to her and said Sorry I am unable to utilize yr opportunity since my Manager is not going to relieve me.(I felt so sad to tell these words but due to some reasons I have done this).

Note: Never think every interview will be like this only. this might be very easy but not all since they have urgent requirement.


GOOD LUCK.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...